CompareEquityRelease is a trading style of Equity Release Supermarket who are authorised and regulated by the
Financial Conduct Authority. FCA no 584063.
Acceptable Use Policy
PLEASE READ THE TERMS OF THIS POLICY CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE SITE
What's in these terms?
- This acceptable use policy sets out the content standards that apply when you upload Content to our Site, link
to our Site, or interact with our Site in any other way,
- We may make changes to the terms of this policy. Every time you wish to use our Site, please check these terms
to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time. These terms were most recently updated in October
You may use our Site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our Site:
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our
content standards. (See below.)
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material
or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms,
time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code
designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our Site in contravention of the provisions of our
terms of website service
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our Site;
- any equipment or network on which our Site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our Site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our site, including, without limitation:
- Customer reviews and testimonials
We reserve the right to review or monitor any Content that you submit in respect of the interactive services.
However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our
Site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive
service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our Site (Content), and to any
interactive services associated with it.
The Content Standards must be complied with in spirit as well as to the letter. The standards apply to each part
of any Content as well as to its whole.
We will determine, in our discretion, whether any Content breaches the Content Standards.
- be accurate (where it states facts).
- be genuinely held (where it states opinions).
- comply with the law applicable in England and Wales and in any country from which it is posted.
Content must not:
- be defamatory of any person.
- be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- promote sexually explicit material.
- promote violence.
- promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- be likely to deceive any person.
- breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- promote any illegal activity.
- be in contempt of court.
- be threatening, abuse or invade another's privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- give the impression that the Content emanates from Equity Release Supermarket Limited, if this is not the
- advocate, promote, incite any party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act such as (by way of
example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
- contain a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the
public to whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect
encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism.
- contain any advertising or promote any services or web links to other sites.
Breach of this policy
When we consider that a breach of this acceptable use policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem
Failure to comply with this acceptable use policy constitutes a material breach of the terms
of service upon which you are permitted to use our Site, and may result in our taking all or any of the
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our Site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any Content uploaded by you to our Site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited
to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required
We exclude our liability for all action we may take in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The
actions we may take are not limited to those described above, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem